Hazelnut-Coffee Muffin

Hazelnut-Coffee Muffin

First post from My Kitchen in Penang! I have been busy since last week, packing, moving and unpacking. Now, settling down and trying to get my life back - baking, cooking and blogging! We are still waiting for the internet connection to be activated at our apartment, using broadband on T's mobile now.

By the way, I am very happy with our apartment especially the night scene of Penang bridge from the master bedroom. Will post a night scene photo next time, this internet connection is not very stable and having problem in uploading photos.
* * *
Baked some hazelnut-coffee muffins last night, was a midnight project. T is now addicted to hazelnut flavour coffee, a very strong instant coffee. I used this coffee in chiffon cake before, all of us loved it very much. I was reluctant to give it to John though, is he too young for coffee?

Ingredients (makes 6 regular muffins):

  • 60ml fresh milk
  • 2 tbsp hazelnut flavour instant coffee
  • 60g butter, soften
  • 50g fine granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 150g cake flour, sift together with baking powder
  • 1½ tsp baking powder
  • Almond slices

Methods:

  1. Heat up milk lightly and dissolve instant coffee in milk. Set aside and allow to cool.
  2. Preheat oven at 180ºC.
  3. Whisk butter until creamy, add in sugar and continue to whisk until light and fluffy.
  4. Add in egg and whisk until well combine.
  5. Fold in sifted flour in batches, alternate with coffee milk.
  6. Transfer batter into muffin cases and sprinkle almond slices over the surfaces.
  7. Turn oven down to 175ºC and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool on rack.

Comments

  1. wahhh lydia mesti penat... but still beautiful muffin in red paper cup .. so beautiful.. i can't wait beyond another recipes..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, these muffins looks really yummy. I like hazelnut, and coffee too! What a great combination! Thanks for sharing this recipe, I must have one too! I love the paper liner too! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in Penang?
    I am in Penang too....though my hometown is in Ipoh.
    Btw, nice muffin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coffee in my muffins?! Perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yati,
    Penat betul pindah then kemas2 kat rumah baru. muffin cases tu I pun suka, adik yg belikan, banyak dia beli.

    Kitchen Corner,
    Yrw, hope you will like this recipe. Perhaps you can add real hazelnut in it.

    soo sean,
    Yeap, I'm now in Penang - another place with nice food. :D

    Zoe,
    Thanks for dropping by... hope your 'trip' here.

    Joanne,
    We moved here two weeks ago. Visit me when u come to Penang?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lydia.. I haven't tried ur Salted Egg Fried chicken ..hehehe.. kena tunggu CMG dulu kot..hahah..

    wahh .. u r in penang now ehh... maybe we get together someday.. i am in Bayan Baru..

    ReplyDelete
  7. mamazieza,
    I am in Gelugor, near to Bayan Baru right? Let's meet up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your invitation, I will surely meet up with you if I have the chance to visit penang for the very first time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. tried it...sedap!! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)