鶏皮のからあげ (Crispy Fried Chicken Skin)

鶏皮のからあげ (Deep Fried Chicken Skin)

It is one of the popular snacks offer in pubs in Japan, so crispy and tasty - best with chilled beer! T was very excited when he first found fried chicken skin selling at pasar malam (night market), and it was only RM1 for a basket. There was once I joked with him "Are there any housefly eggs on it?" Since then, he will ask me to reheat it in the oven before eating - to cook housefly eggs!! Talking about food hygiene, I think Malaysians are immunised naturally as we had grown up with those street food.

I used my homemade coating mix for this dish, subbed corn flour with potato starch for an experiment. The end result was similar to mix made with corn flour - crispy. By the way, original Japanese recipe does not called for 5-spice powder but each cook added some other ingredients to make it his or her own secret recipe.

**This is a scheduled post, I am dating sakura!

Comments

  1. Lydia,
    Today I have tried to coat the fried chicken with corn flour, the skin really taste crispy. Thanks for sharing.

    I wonder what is potato starch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne,
    No problem, most important you liked it.

    Potato starch just like corn starch or tapioca starch. If you check out the shelf at supermarket carefully, you can find it. The price is more expensive compared to corn or tapioca starch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I did tried a small piece of the fried chicken because I am on diet now..hehe.
    My husband is the big fan of fried chicken. He told me...it taste good and crispy.

    Ok, the next time I tried to search for potato starch. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)